Friday, March 1, 2013

a tiny thought: it's for the birds.

























"It's for the birds!" is usually an expression used to proclaim that something is silly, maybe even worthless. Our human nature is to constantly be proving ourselves and worrying about what will happen if we don't. We don't often look to things in nature to teach us something. In fact, we mostly disregard the things around us that we deem ourselves smarter than. The problem with that logic is that we are missing out on so many things we could be learning. 

For instance, I have noticed that birds have a quiet way of excelling at the things they were made for. Which got me thinking, what if today we believed that we could excel at the things we were made for? Without worry. Without fuss.We just did it. What would that look like? I say it's worth a shot. 

"Said the Robin to the Sparrow, 
'I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and hurry so.'

"Said the Sparrow to the Robin, 
'Friend, I think that it must be 
That they have no Heavenly Father 
Such as cares for you and me.'"

-Elizabeth Cheney, 1859 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips