Monday, November 26, 2012

the holidays, portland edition.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 

I went to the tree lighting downtown this weekend. It was rainy, my socks were wet and I was freezing but it was so worth it. Even though it was only the day after Thanksgiving, it felt like the appropriate kick off to the Christmas season. When you live in Florida most of your life, I think it can be hard to get into the holiday spirit because it doesn't necessarily feel like Christmas. You can dream of a white Christmas all you want but the reality is you will probably still wear shorts on the twenty fifth day of December. These are just the facts.

Even though it is still November, the holidays seem to be in full swing around these parts. We sang some Christmas songs in church yesterday and last night I saw a tree strapped to the top of a car that I can only assume was taken home and decorated beautifully. The holiday season is really good at giving me a perpetual warm little feeling in my heart and I welcome it. 

Fondly from Portland, 
Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips