Wednesday, October 3, 2012

familiar franz.


Aloha! (Lets see how many ways I can greet you lovely people.) 

My morning commute includes the passing of the Franz bread factory. Each morning, I travel by long windows that mark the building and watch as the warm cinnamon raisin bread floats by on the conveyor belt. The smell is familiar and reminds me of mornings before high-school.  My brother loved cinnamon raisin bread and would always toast some up before the day got started. I inevitably would ask him for a bite of whatever it was he was having instead of making my own. As annoying as it probably was, he usually said yes. The joke has followed us into adulthood and sometimes I'll still ask for a bite just to get a laugh out of him. 

I hope you think of something familiar and smile today. 

Fondly from Portland, 
Emily

p.s.  Wednesdays always remind me of the song Can You Meet Me Halfway by the Black Eyed Peas. I'm sure you can agree, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips