Wednesday, October 10, 2012

greek iced coffee.

Yiasou file mou!

In case you are like me and you don't speak Greek, that means "hello, my friend". Bet you're wondering why I'm greeting you in a foreign language? Well, I have been seeing advertisements about Portland's Greek Festival since I arrived and last weekend, I went! Let me tell you that I think festivals of any kind are pretty great but Greek festivals, specifically, are the jam. Great food, dancing, cool music and my new favorite thing, iced coffee. 

Iced coffee, greek style is the perfect mix between a frothy frappacino and iced coffee. Not too sweet and really smooth. If you were thinking of trying to make Greek iced coffee yourself, which I would highly  recommend because it is seriously good, here is a recipe that looks pretty similar 

Another really great thing about the festival, besides the delicious gyro that I had, was the dancers. We saw two groups that ranged in age from 5 to 12 and they were adorable. It was really neat to see young kids that are already so aware of their family heritage. Their costumes were also pretty rad. 

I hope you had a great weekend and maybe even had a little cultural experience too!

Fondly from Portland, 
Emily 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips